The village's school did the cause proud as these photos show from the children of Preshute Primary School near Marlborough.
The village children have been attending a school there since 1833 while the current building dates to 1845. Various additions have been made to the school since then. Incidentally
the name 'Preshute' is derived from the 'priest's ciete' (or cottage), recorded on documents dating from the 11th Century. It is thought that the 'priest's ciete' was located where St George's Church now stands.